8.04.2012

New house on post

A little over 2 weeks ago now we moved on post here at Fort Bragg. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath and has 1300sq ft. It's so amazing to have this much room. I thought we were ok in our 950sq ft townhouse but now being here I couldn't imagine going any smaller. It has an amazing kitchen with wayyyy more drawer and cupboard space then we need, which I thought I would never say. But we have like 4-5 unused cupboards and 3 open drawers, oh and awesome counter space! Needless to say, I love it! I also love that we have so much extra storage space! We have 4 huge linen closets and big closets in all 3 bedrooms.

I feel so lucky that my mom was able to be here also to help us move. She helped us so much it was unreal. We went to turn our keys into our old place and came back and the place was almost totally unpacked and decorated so cute! I sure have an amazing mom. We were 100% unpacked and set up after just 3 days here. Here are some of the pictures of my moms awesome work

And one of the best parts of this is the view of our backyard from our living/dining room windows

So far we really like living on post too, which we thought we wouldn't, why it took us so long to move here. oh and another favorite part, back to a one story! I hate stairs, I need to remind myself that anytime we move again

4 comments:

Liesl said...

How exciting to be settled in your new place, it looks lovely and what a great amount of space, too! :) Glad you had your mother there to help, my mother is always wonderful with that as well! Good luck with all the stairs! ;)

Missus Elle said...

OOOH I LOVE IT!! almost better then my house ;)

Reccewife said...

That's an amazing base house! I am almost embarassed now at what Canadian houses on base look like :P. Love the view!

Fran said...

that is an awesome view! and I might have to hire your mom next time we move... it always takes us forever to unpack and even longer to decorate haha